There are 2 ways to insert a video:
1) Drag and drop your file from Windows Explorer into Xara
2) Go to File > Import, then select your video file
We recommend using MP4 format with H.264 encoding. We don't provide any video editing or encoding programs however our partner company Magix does. You can check out their website here.
Autoplay and muting your video
When you insert your video, you will be prompted to have the video autoplay when someone opens your page or not. Please note that due to autoplay policy changes, autoplay doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox. Videos will play however if they are muted, so you can add the muted parameter into your videos.
- After inserting your video, right-click on it > Web Properties
- Click on the Placeholder Tab
- Click on the HTML code (body) button
- Add muted as a parameter. For example:
<video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/SampleVideo_1280x720_5mb.mp4" controls autoplay width="100%" height="100%"/>
<video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/SampleVideo_1280x720_5mb.mp4" controls muted autoplay width="100%" height="100%"/>
And your video will be muted when the page loads. Visitors can click on the speaker button to enable audio again.